Through the generosity of its donors, the Biblical Graduate School of Theology (BGST) is able to make available a limited number of scholarships. These scholarships are intended for applicants who need financial assistance with studies at BGST.
Scholarships are awarded to Local Students upon successful admission to any of BGST’s postgraduate programs. A Full Time Scholarship Student must take a minimum of 30 credits per annum. A Part Time Scholarship Student is defined as one who takes a minimum of 15 credit
What PDF Scholarships cover
a) The entire course fees for the Program that the student is admitted to.
b) The course fees for audit courses. Grad Dip CS scholars are allowed 6 credits of free audit courses. MCS and MDiv students are allowed 12 and 18 credits respectively.
c) Book allowance of S$250 per 15 credits (excluding audit courses).
Should a Part Time Student enrol for more courses than the minimum required, the additional courses can be covered under the scholarship if he maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a general good conduct. The additional book allowance that should be accrued to these additional courses will also be dispensed to him. He, however, must seek approval from the Registrar for such extra funding. The funds will be disbursed upon approval. Students will have to source for funding for their living allowances and pay for their admission and graduation fees
Duration of the Scholarship
Scholarships are tenable for one year only. Scholarships can be renewed for a further year, but such renewal is dependent upon satisfactory academic progress (including a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0) and general good conduct.
The scholarship award must be renewed once every year, dependent on satisfactory academic progress (minimum GPA of 3.0) and general good conduct.
Should a student change or upgrade his/her program, a fresh scholarship application and evaluation by scholarship board is necessary.
1. Scholarships are awarded to students who have been accepted for the following BGST programmes: Graduate Certificate in Christian Studies (Grad Dip CS); Masters in Christian Studies (MCS); Master of Divinity (MDiv).
2. Students are selected on the basis of: ministry track record; academic ability; strong endorsements from church leaders or leaders in parachurch organisations; financial need.
3. Scholarships only cover courses taken at BGST.
4. Applicants for BGST scholarships must come with a recommendation from a local endorsing body (a church, a theological college or other Christian organization) which expresses support of the applicant’s studies at BGST.
5. Applications for scholarships, along with all accompanying documentation, must normally be submitted to the Registrar by March 31st, depending on course intake, to allow time for the application to be processed before the beginning of the new academic year.
6. Applicants must declare all sources of income available to them. This is essential for a fair assessment of the application.
7. Students who take up BGST scholarships are expected to meet the following requirements:
They must fulfil the number of credits required by the scholarship (a minimum of 30 credits per annum for a Full Time Scholarship Student/ a minimum of 15 credits per annum for a Part Time Grad Dip CS or MCS Scholarship Student/ a minimum of 18 credits for a Part Time MDiv Scholarship Student).
They must show a clear commitment to the aims of BGST, demonstrated by participation in the life of the school.
They are expected to attend church regularly and to be involved in some form of church ministry.