Kalahari Conservation Society (KCS), The US Embassy Gaborone and other partners will be hosting a 24 hours zoohackathon. The hackathon is scheduled to be held from 8-9 November 2019 in Gaborone at Botswana Innovation Hub Scince and Technology Park.
- The objective of the hackathon is to provide a platfom for addressing the recurrent Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) issues through programs, applications, tools of system which will be developed by software developers, mobile app developers, designers, programmers, innovators and other innovative minded problem-solvers.
- The winning team’s concept will compete with concepts of other winners from participatlng countries. It will be judged by a panel of judges in Washington DC where an overall international winner will be selected.
- Entrants must be a Botswana citzen
- Entrants must be 18 years or older
- Entrants must have registered to participate in the competition. Teams must consist a minimum of three (3) and maximum of five (5) individuals. If a team is entering the Competition, they must appoint and authorize one individual (the “Team Representative”) to represent, act, and be their point of contact.
- 08 November 2019 0700Hrs to 1700Hrs 09 November 2019
- 1st Prize $3,500 (plus a possibility of going to Washington DC)
- 2nd Prize $1,000
- 3rd Prize $500
Note: The prize money is to allow the winner to further develop their idea into marketable solutions under the guidance of a mentor.
Should you need any clarity about this event please contact:
- Tel: 397 4557
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22 October 2019 at 1700Hrs, Only 5 teams will selected.