The next step will be to forward your medical information (Including your uploaded medical files) to the Cuban Medical Authorities in order for them to make a determination if there are any treatment programs available to your specific medical case, and what are the best medical options available for you. This process usually takes between 10-14 business days excluding weekends and Cuban national holidays.
Upon receipt of the Cuban medical authorities’ final decision, we will correspond with you via email to guide you through the third and final step which will involve the careful planning of the following:
- Cost of your treatment;
- Your preferred treatment start date;
- Planning the trip for you and your companion (Should you wish to);
- Planning and reserving your hospital/ hotel accommodation (Including your meal plan and transportation from and to) for you and your companion (Should you wish to);
- Planning other desired services such as translation and entertainment during your stay in Cuba
Starting August 1, 2015, please be advised that CubaHeal will request a $135.00 CAD initial deposit for the submission of medical profiles to the Cuban Medical Authorities for assessment which will be deducted from the total cost of the treatment program(s). This is due to the fact that it has come to our attention that a number of applicants who have been granted approval for treatment in Cuba were only interested in receiving free consultation and diagnosis. In our opinion, this is an unfair conduct since:
1. The Cuban Medical Authorities have taken the time to review and assess the patient’s condition, develop an appropriate program and reserve a spot for the patient to be treated in, and
2. The allocated spot is reserved to the specific patient for an assigned number of days creating a longer waiting period for other patients awaiting urgent care or treatment.
Furthermore, please take note of the following:
1- Should the Cuban Medical Authorities approve a patient's treatment, Cubaheal Medical Tourism Inc. will subtract the initial deposit from the total cost of the treatment;
2- Should the Cuban Medical Authorities refuse a treatment for a patient due to the extent of his/ her condition, CubaHeal Medical Tourism Inc. will refund the full amount less the wiring fees if the payment was made by a bank wire; and
3- If a patient is approved by the Cuban medical authorities but decides not to accept the offered treatment Program, CubaHeal Medical Tourism Inc. will consider said initial deposit as a consultation fee and will not refund it.
CubaHeal Administration Department