1. Swimming Fees
1.1 An annual administrative fee of R270 is payable per swimmer when joining Zogs Swim School and every year thereafter. This includes the administration cost as well as a branded silicone swimming cap. This fee is to be paid in CASH ONLY.
1.2 Fees are payable in advance or on the first lesson of the month. Cheque/Cash deposits will not be accepted.
1.3 Fees will be increased annually on the 1st of August each year. However, the 2020 fee increased has been postponed and will be implemented in January 2021 in order to support parents during COVID-19.
1.4 If a swimmer swims for the entire term the fee is charged at a termly rate. Any lessons given only for part of a term are charged on a pro-rata basis per lesson.
1.5 There will be a late payment penalty added to your account if fees are paid later than the 15th of every month and lessons will be placed on hold until payment is made.
1.6 No refunds will be given.
1.7 No swimmers will be allowed into the pool if fees are not paid up to date.
2. Make-Up Lessons
2.1 Lessons cancelled or not attended by pupils for any reason will not be made up.
3. Termination of Swimming Lessons
3.1 Notice of one month in writing is required for the termination of your lessons.
3.2 Any issues regarding non-payment of notice will be handed over to our attorneys.
4.1 The school is closed on public holidays and lessons which fall on these days will not be made up. There are several months in the year with weeks and we do not charge extra for the additional lessons given in these months
4.2 Swimming caps are always to be worn when in the pool.
4.3 Teachers/staff are not responsible for pupils outside their lesson times.
4.4 Please inform us of any change of personal details including email address and contact number, as this contact information will prove critical in the event of an emergency.
4.5 We reserve the right to change or substitute your swimming coach or teacher and lesson time as we feel necessary.
5. Model Release Clause
5.1 I hereby acknowledge that photos and videos may be taken of participants in the Zogs Swim School activities, including of myself and the minor children, and that such photos and videos may be used for Zogs Swim School staff training and/or advertising purposes/social media online content.
5.2 I understand and agree that all such photos and videos are the sole and exclusive property of Zogs Swim School.
5.3 I further acknowledge that Zogs Swim School may use such media unless I contact Zogs Swim School management and withdraw my consent to such use in writing.
6. COVID-19 Indemnity
As a parent/guardian of a child/children at Zogs Swim School (“Zogs” or the “School”), I agree that:
6.1 I understand the risks associated with COVID 19 and understand the way the virus spreads.
6.2 I am aware of and understand the policies that Zogs has implemented to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID 19.
6.3 Given the nature of the COVID 19 virus, I know and understand the risks associated with sending my child to Zogs Swim School. I accept these risks and agree that I cannot hold the School or its staff liable for the transmission of, or any outbreak of, the virus at Zogs Swim School. I indemnify and waive any right I might have to institute any claim of any kind against the School or its staff in this regard and in relation to COVID-19.
6.4 This document does not exclude or limit any liability that is not capable of exclusion or limitation by law.
6.5 I agree and undertake that:
a. I, and my child/children, will adhere to all policies that the School has put in place regarding COVID 19.
b. my child/children will not attend lessons if they show any symptoms of COVID 19, or are otherwise sick. These symptoms include, but are not limited to: cough, fever, tiredness, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, diarrhoea, headache, loss of taste or smell, rash or chest pain.
c. I will inform the school immediately if my child/children or if anyone else in the household has been infected with COVID 19.
6.6 In order to ensure the safety of all children and staff at Zogs, I will provide my child/children with a mask and ensure that the mask is worn at all times when they are at the School, except when they are in the water.
6.7 I acknowledge that:
a. My child/children will be proficient in the use of their masks before coming to school.
6.8 I will educate my child/children about social distancing and its importance.
Swimming Lesson Indemnity Clause
I (the parent/guardian/swimmer) waive any claim that may arise as a result either directly or indirectly from attending swimming lessons at Zogs Swim School.
I further indemnify the owners of Zogs Swim School or the property as well as any teacher or employee employed by Zogs Swim School or the property in the event of an accident, bodily injury, contracting COVID-19 or theft that may arise before, during or after any lesson.
Right of Admission Reserved.
Self Swim and Pool Party Specific Indemnity Clause
By attending self swim lessons at Zogs Swim School as well as hosting or attending any pool parties at the Zogs Swim School facility, I recognise and fully understand certain things, including:
At no time is there a registered lifeguard on duty, you the swimmer/renter/party host or attendee are responsible for the safe operation of the pool and are responsible for all persons using the pool during your stay at the facility.
My use of the pool facilities during my stay involves certain risks, including but not limited to:
1. The risk of injury resulting from the possible malfunction of the pool equipment;
2. The risk of injuries resulting from tripping or falling over obstacles around the pool area;
3. The risk of injuries resulting from unsupervised divers and swimmers colliding;
4. The risk of other injuries resulting from participating in any activity at the facility.
I recognize and fully understand that the above list is not a complete or exhaustive list of all possible risks; the list only provides examples of types of risks that I am assuming. In exchange for the Owner of the property allowing me to utilise the pool and area during my stay, I hereby agree to the conditions below.
I fully intend and choose to give up the legal rights, as stated below:
1. To waive any and all claims that I have or may have in the future against the Owner, its directors, officers, employees, agents, or representatives relating to my use of the pool and pool area;
2. To release Zogs Swim School, it's Owner and Employees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury, expense, or another cost that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer in connection with my use of Zogs Swim School's pool or pool area to any cause whatsoever, including negligence on the part of Zogs Swim Schoo, It's Owner and Employees;
3. To hold harmless and indemnify Zogs Swim Schoo, it's Owner and Employees from any and all liability to property, or personal injury to, any third party, resulting from the use of the pool or pool area
5. That this Waiver, Release, and Agreement is fully effective and shall be effective and binding upon me, and my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, and assigns, or anyone else authorized to act on my behalf or on behalf of my estate. I have read and understood this document. I am aware that by signing this document, I am waiving certain legal rights that I may have against Zogs Swim School.