1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the Take a Soldier Fishing Events (TASF), or Take a Veteran Fishing (TAVF) events, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE. Take a Soldier Fishing (TASF) and Take a Veteran Fishing (TAVF), and within any State of The United States of America, their officers, agents, servants, or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any of the property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise, while participating in such activities, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted.
2. I am fully aware of the unusual risks involved and hazards connected with this activity, including but not limited to travel risks and/or, I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity with full knowledge that said activities may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that my be sustained by me, or any loss or damage of property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
4. I understand that Take a Soldier Fishing (TASF) and Take a Veteran Fishing (TAVF), do not maintain any insurance policy covering any circumstance arising from my participation in this event or any activities associated with or facilitating that participation. As such, I am aware that I should review my personal insurance portfolio.
5. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America.
6. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same. If participant is under the age of 18, Parent/Guardian consents to the minor’s participation in the event. I give permission to Take a Soldier Fishing (TASF) Portland Chapter and Take a Veteran Fishing Oregon/Odell (TAVF) staff or personnel, to seek reasonable and necessary medical treatment for participants during such event or associated activities, and agrees to be resonsible for any cost of such treatment.