Location: Somerset West (Preference given to candidates in Somerset West, Strand, Stellenbosch, Gordonsbay and the Western-Cape Boland area)
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW -
We seek a Web Designer with previous experience in re-designing WordPress-based websites based on updated Brand Books and strategies provided by Marketing Managers.
Our software is Microsoft Based and we provide Adobe Creative Cloud licensing along with various design resource accounts such as Envato Elements and Shutterstock - exclusively for our design teams.
- Responsible for developing and designing of web pages, storyboards, and sitemaps.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements.
- Designing and building the website front-end and designing and managing the website back-end including
- database and server integration.
- Determining technical requirements.
- Creating back up files.
- Testing, implementation of website pages and solving code problems.
- Upload the site onto a server.
- Determine functionality which the site must support.
- Make critical discussions on layout, colours and styles.
- Support marketing team to implement, test, edit and use.
- Follow innovative trends within the service marketing industry.
- Familiarity with several multimedia tools such as SEO Management, Google Ads
- Prior workplace experience - minimum 3 years.
- Relevant tertiary education in web design or visual communication.
- Extensive experience in working with WordPress.
- Own transport
- Compensation to be discussed during interviews.
- Offer will be based on your expectations, background, and experience
Application and recruitment process:
- Apply with an updated CV, recent profile photo and examples of your past work.
- If your submission has been deemed successful, you will be contacted for a first-round interview that will take place online with our Recruits team.
- The second-round interview will be conducted at the office with the Operations Director and/or various team members
- The third-round (optional) interview will be conducted at the office with additional managers and team members.
- This will follow with Reference Checks.
- Based on evaluation of interview outcomes and references, an offer will be compiled and discussed in person
- Able to research effectively in order to compile creative concepts.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Enjoy working in a team and receiving input and feedback from various avenues.
- Excellent attention to detail and high creative standards - always aiming to improve.
- Able to innovate through conceptualisation and design.