If there are young children in the home please be aware when adopting kittens/cats/puppies and dogs that there are a number of important points to remember.
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE TAKING YOUR NEW PET HOME:
It is hereby certified that in the event of this application being approved, the above mentioned applicant has adopted pet(s)from HART – Helderberg Animal Rescue Team NPO under the following conditions:
By signing the adoption application you have agreed to/will abide by:
1. Paying the non-refundable adoption fee of R1000.00 before receiving the animal (in lieu of 1st vaccination, deworming, de-fleaing, micro chipping and sterilisation).
2. The applicant undertakes to care for and to love their new pet and to ensure that the pet is comfortable with suitable shelter and that fresh food and water will be provided at least once per day.
3. The applicant undertakes to keep the new pet properly enclosed (preferably indoors) for a timeframe as long as may be required for the new pet to become accustomed with its new surroundings – the timeframe for such enclosure may vary from a couple of days to a couple of weeks, depending on each pet. All possible measures must be taken to ensure that the pet cannot get out of the property.
4. The applicant undertakes to provide the pet with positive identification AND the applicant’s telephone number IMMEDIATELY after adopting the new pet – such identification must at least entail a collar and name tag suitably fitted to the pet, whilst tattooing and / or micro-chipping would be preferable as additional methods of identification.
5. The applicant understands that the pet MAY NOT be chained or fastened under any circumstances and must be allowed full access to the available property / yard.
6. The applicant undertakes to fully vaccinate the adopted animal.
7. The applicant agrees to random checks by HART in order for this organisation to confirm that the pet is receiving suitable housing and care. The applicant understands that HART has the right to remove the pet should the applicant fail to comply with the rules and regulations as stipulated in this document.
8. The adopted cat/dog must remain in the custody and possession of the Adopter. The Adopter may not sell, trade, give away or dispose of this pet in any way. If the Adopter cannot keep this cat/dog for any reason, THEY MUST NOTIFY HART IMMEDIATELY. THE ANIMAL MAY NOT BE SURRENDERED TO ANY OTHER ANIMAL WELFARE ORGANISATION. The onus will be on the owner to find a new loving home for the pet that HART needs to approve. We will need to do a house inspection etc to ensure the new home is satisfactory. HART will try and assist with finding a new home if possible.
9. I understand that the adoption fee I have paid is not a purchase price, but fee which covers the veterinary medical expenses incurred by HART in order to place the animal in my care and that the animal has been checked and found to be healthy before rehoming. I understand that this fee is not refundable or transferable.
IMPORTANT NOTE: TO AVOID PUPPIES FROM GETTING HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUSES...PUPPIES SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN OUT TO PUBLIC PLACES ( BEACHES, PARKS, FORESTS AND MOUNTAINS ) OR BE IN CONTACT WITH OTHER PUPPIES OR DOGS WHO IS NOT UP TO DATE WITH THEIR VACCINATIONS UNTIL 3RD VACCINATION HAS BEEN DONE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPLICATION - KINDLY NOTE THAT WE ARE A VERY SMALL TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS AND HAVE FULL TIME DAY JOBS, IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 24 HOURS PLEASE CONTACT US VIA WHATSAPP ONLY ON 0768210465 TO REQUEST AN UPDATE - THANK YOU